1/17/2014

Will He Welcome Me Back In?

I watched a great movie tonight called "Stuck in Love" that got me into deep thought about something completely different. Here is what the movie was about so you can understand where the thoughts came from....

Its about a man who has been divorced from his ex-wife for 3 years...and he keeps waiting for her return. He has 2 children, 1 of which is experiencing love for the first time, and the other is avoiding love at all costs because what her mother did to her father.
The daughter explains that one night she was on the roof of the house while in High School. The family was having a party that night. She watched her mom go into the backyard with a man and started to kiss him and that man she was kissing said "What if you husband see's?" and she said "I don't care".... the daughter hates her mother for this and hates that her father waits for his ex-wife's return.
One day the Father is trying to get the daughter to forgive her mother and tells her that he cheated on his wife long before she cheated on him. When she was just a baby he cheated and was gone for 6 month...and his wife waited for him. The wife told the husband at the time "I hope you will wait for me if I ever make the same mistake". The Father explains to daughter that he is waiting, and he will keep waiting...He says that "She waited for me...and your mother is a far better person than I'll ever be.".
Then one day, the mother returns. When the Father comes to the front door and sees her, she says "I got a little lost. I was just... I was wondering if there's still a place for me here? I completely understand if there isn't, I know that I really don't deserve it." He says "Its okay"....and he invites her back in.

When this last scene happened...I cried.

I know this is random. But I imagined after seeing this.... is that is how I will feel when I face God? Will I say to him "I got a little lost. I was just... I was wondering if there's still a place for me here? I completely understand if there isn't, I know that I really don't deserve it."??? Will He respond with "Come in"???

I sure hope He does. I know that I am a sinner, I have made so many mistakes, and I know I will keep making them. But, in the end... will my Father in Heaven know what my hearts desire was??? Will He forgive me?

I guess I need to build my testimony some...and start to do the things I know are right.

My patriarchal blessings says that I will return home to my Father in Heaven when I choose.... and that He will say to me "Well done my good and faithful servant...enter into my rest". I pray that when that time comes I will have done my part. I wont be perfect when I meet Him...I will have made plenty of mistakes... something I didn't believe until not long ago....I truly thought I had to be close to perfect. Hell, I was raised in Utah...I think all of us "Utah Mormons" feel the need to be perfect.

I have pondered that statement in my blessing that I can go home when I CHOOSE. To be honest...at one time in my life when I felt I was done (emotionally) I pleaded with my Father to take me home....but, He did not. I guess He will know when I truly mean it.

This picture always stirs a peace deep within me, I could look at it all day. Maybe I should?


No comments:

Post a Comment